Then

back on air

Kiptoo says:
i salute all da polies and lets keep the poly shining and stop throwing stones to nairobians as a habit not seen here in makerere university.don't ashamed this great institution.
108 months ago
Replies:
Judy  says:
Our good old days at kenya poly, i miss the stone throwing and runnigs at the heart of the city.Please can anyone let me know if the case for Cliff Nudih and Hesbone,that dark Jamaa reached a verdict?Who won?Keep us updated.
92 months ago
Now
Hesbone  says:
Edward, i hear you, lakini pia its poa to rusha those mawes so that you can also speak like the others.

otherwise, mzee alitupa mbao, when the so called kombo and ngilu ran to him with such names as kalembe ndile to be included on the list of the ministers, and the fellow without giving it a second thought, said yes to their demands, hapo, he threw a big wood, he diluted the great move he had taken in the beginning.

Guys, if anyone of you is willing kusimama kura, i think this is the time, i went to jamuhuri to asses the waters, and i realise, chapa za posters tu ndio diambo, otherwise, i have all the chances za Dr. kulundu chini. meanwhile, i am happy that the shilling is making better battles to the dollar.
103 months ago
Now
Edward  says:
Hey!!! Demonstrations R inevitable. Karao nao lazima wafanye kazi yao ya Kutuliza Demos(that is wea they go wrong) Ni lazima our maneno yasikizwe kwa vyovyote vile. I dont participate in riots anymo but I SAPORT IT MBAYA SANA!!!!
104 months ago
gitaru  says:
Am curious as to the next step he will take. Like i said before, those old men cannot show us the way foward. The are too busy thinking about personal fortunes and their next bussiness ventures. I weep for my country and countrymen but like someone once said our time will come.
104 months ago
Now
Hesbone  says:
Guys, close to ksh.10 billion has been thrown to the bins by this so called constitution, referendum, bomas, kilifi, naivasha you name it, it was all total confussion, and i beleive, the best the kenyans would do is actually what they did, to say NO!, Afterall, how many of us understood what we were voting about. Bravo to the old man for relieving the confused elements of their duties, but the steps he is due to take is what will tell us what material he is made of, i hope, he will wake up to the fact that kiraitu and murungaru can not pave the path that the kenyans want.
105 months ago
Now
Andrew  says:
hahahah, those are the good old days at kenya poly, i miss the stone throwing and runnigs at the heart of the city.
real gooooood oll days
ofisi
105 months ago
gitaru  says:
Good point Hesbon, students activism plays a big role in shaping futures. Berkeley university here in the US had activitist from its students ranks and civil liberty is highly valued plus of course, a lot of respected leaders, present and past were part of it. It does not mean that because when students speak out while in school it is out of senseless emotion. Honestly, our president is a rich man and state house is good enough for him but those wanting it probably have their eyes on the chair, that way they will have the constitution changed so that every president keeps the house built in his time. Let the roads be fixed for wanjiku first and let her children get some free education, that is the future.
106 months ago
Albert  says:
Welcome Harriet seems no one so far knows where this man is.Any special feature on him to help us identify him?
106 months ago
Now
Hesbone  says:
Cheap union politics is indeed not our bone of contention, and i believe the sober minds i met on this page would not stand up to defend such. our point of concern is when students speak @ stone throwing to unlock such minds tightened up by the banana...orange..kind of politics.For the last four or so months, what value has these bananas and oranges added to wanjiku?And is one really justified to earn 500k per month to keep spending the tax payers money compaining for bananas and oranges? then the following day, he goes to parliament to defend the authorisation of 100m put aside for constructing the so called presidents house beside the state house, money that was not alocated in the budget, while people are dying in turkana of hunger!!shame.
106 months ago
Harriet  says:
hey ,i was in poly year 98-99,the union was full of politics hat also affected students who cared less about it and aslo who were involved in it.
Anyway ,does anyone know where SYLAS(CYRUS) OTIENO OKELLO WENT TO?
106 months ago
gitaru  says:
Albert,i know we have been ridiculed for living abroad and speaking our minds, but that will never the take the kenyan out of me. We spoke against corruption then but what happened to the goldenberg issue, ouko, muge, an if i remember, the passport deal saga. Anyone in jail yet, its been a long time and wanting.
106 months ago
Albert  says:
Gitaru,you should see them when mwiraria is readding the budget.They are all asleep and after the session every you see being intervied by media praises the budget.After a day all the goods shoot up and the same guys start claiming the budget was bad.They donn here or understand a thing.
106 months ago
Now
Boaz  says:
Kenya ni inchi ya ajabu you better believe. A whole central Police camping outside parliament waiting to jail 2 MPs while thugs a cross the street are mugging citizens!!! that is a sad picture. When are we going to wake up to build our nation instead of politics. I am for real change nothing short of a U-TURN. We need to overhaul the whole SYSTEM. Any one who served under the The Kenyatta and Moi Gorvernment must give way.
106 months ago
gitaru  says:
I wonder how it was during your time Wasike but i can imagine it was worse with a former high school principle being on top. Good idea Albert, cultural diversity and we might hit tribalism a fatal blow. Thats whats killing our country, because everyone wants power at the expense of the poor common mwananchi. The poor man votes,he sleeps and dreams that his milk , coffee, tea, and salary will be paid on time. What does he get;tax hikes, to cover the MP,s salary, travel expenses, outrageous hotel costs in New york for a summit,more taxes, high fuel costs,while all this time the MP takes naps in parliament and counts his money only to go back and seek votes after five years. Its only fair if some of it went back to wanjiku, at least, let her be heard.
107 months ago
Albert  says:
We have already candidates for four constituencies,Boaz will go to Langata,Hesbopne to Nyeri,Gitaru to webuye and I will take on Nyachae in Nyaribari.A long journey starts with one stride and we have made two.Its making the vision a reality.Boaz usinishambulie on the other page.That page iko na kalembe ndile and his Ideas are wanting.
107 months ago
Now
Hesbone  says:
GITARU-Sorry, utna not reuters.
107 months ago
Now
Hesbone  says:
It is our time men, let us take the bull by the horns, hata if no chapaa, just a sign to challenge this people will send the message. people, my people!!! the youth, we have the power, the vote! let us take this old folks to where they belong, let them go and narrate stories to their grand children, they are tired!!!

Boaz, we need to gain interest in this fellows so as to challenge them, otherwise, we will seat, watch and complain forever.

Gitaru- Thanks for reminding me about my friend malenya, he works with a certain international publishing company based at KICC.. Am not sure wether it is... reuters, or something.
107 months ago
Now
Boaz  says:
Gitaru, I was a student leader 95-96 and I am not really interested with those guys out their shouting about a constitution that belongs to the people. Do they know that a constitution is all about the interests of a country and its people. Kenya is one country that the elected leaders are bosses instead of the people being bosses.Those parrots are supposed to answerable to Wanjiku not the other way round. The constitution is not gonna change the poor economy, it is not going to feed the hungry, it is not going to provide medicine for the sick. Come on Kenyans you are wasting time on something that will be locked away by Waco Amos in His chamber and all Kenyans are gonna remain the same or even more poor. Remember Waco created it and he is gonna keep it away in the cupboards. I quote Lucky Dube "The constitution is written in books and locked away in cupboard".
107 months ago
gitaru  says:
Hey Albert,and Hesbone, its true that those who fought got nothing, and thats why it hurts most.I mean yes coz the culture only respects those who are already rich, hence the current crop of politicians who get the votes which they buy with the looted cash.Albert am working on coming back some time coz i think our time has come.Hesbone now i see you remember our class, and yes Alice was there too. The popurality of that class ensured some of those who ran for office got lots of votes, dont you remember.Malenya Lusimba i remember him too, wonder where he went.
107 months ago
Albert  says:
You are all away and can not have it face to face with this politicians.They are all lost whether from Raila's camp or Kibaki's.I will vote no to kilifi draft and even if Bomas graft was to come I would still vote no.Both the Drafts have their individual problems,and all everyone wants is something to favour him.I better remain With the 'Devil I know'until the young turks who are more sober will come to power.But who are they?Is it not you and me?Come back Guys and lets wrestle this this power from them.Otherwise There will be no Kenya left anymore by 2020.
107 months ago
Now
Hesbone  says:
In actual fact, what we see today exactly fits the description of my learned friend Prof.FRANCIS IMBUGA, in his book "Betrayal in the city".A character "MOSESSE" in the play comments "It was better while we waited" you know guys! hope stays alive while you wait, but when nothing turns out of what you were waiting for, it all renders you hopeless.

it is a total shame, that all along, we bred and fed hyenas in sheeps dress up, but we never realised.

In such circumstances, i agree in totality with the common phrase "better the davil you know" and i therefore will not shame to say: uncle DAN was right to advice my jamuhuri countrymen to vote for young and fresh blood.

Gentlemen, the only thing that will cleanse the jamuhuri flag , is to vote in guys who were born after 1964, people in whose blood never runs the curse of the colonial system, this are the people who voted out the KANU regime, and are the people with a changed mindset.

GITARU- I locate your class pretty well, i remember caro kerubo and the other caro who used to wear glasses. those are the miss poly chicks. your class was full of beauties, and every normal man would not fail to notice, if not pay frequent visits.Alice lirova was in the same class, right?
107 months ago
gitaru  says:
Well hesbone, i was in the class that had George Rangya(late),the both Miss poly chicks of 91 and 92, carol and carol, and George Njeru organising sec 92/93 and i was always where the action was.I used to hang out a lot at princess pub and watched the drama presentations too.I was not vocal but i did hang out with the some of the most vocal people, and of course, our class, labour studies and management 91 was a popular hang out for guys because it was a crazy one. Will post my picture of course.Am following the politics in kenya closely and i dont like what i see,and i wonder when the old men of politics will relinquish some of that power they been holding on for ever, dont you wish we were back in poly guys?
107 months ago
Now
Hesbone  says:
GITARU-how come you were around all this time and i seem not to remember you well?Please, put up your picture. I Was in Utalii during the fracus, when the vice principal-The late Gachara- tried to cool guys down, but utalii had played faul on us, when Wanyama, scored the goal for poly after coming in during the second half, Utalli sensed defeat on their own ground, so they brought in their guys who were playing in the first level league yet were not students,and open biase, that was the iceburg that ignited the 'sarajevo' war.

well, poly finally bought a 'posh' bus last year.it was a loooong waiting.
107 months ago
gitaru  says:
The corporate world might have cooled him down. The free spirit in the US rekindles my memories. I remember the guy with the hose pipe being in the front page of the daily nation that day. He was suspended of course, a hero. The incident (sitting down) on haille sellasie avenue was brave, really cool. Later section 2a was repealed, thanks to all the brave people who fought for it. I remember at Utalii, finals of 92 soccer, biased officiating, and we lost, but made a triumphant entry to town atop a small manyanga poly owned, old of course,but got banned for two years. Did they ever buy a bus or is it the same old story, when funds become available?
107 months ago
Albert  says:
The few guys I met that day were panting and confused.Every one was to himself and God to them all.Those with hearts converged in poly later that evening.Others wanted to be far away from poly.They had brought down the main gate with their bare hands.I saw hesbone in his full gear and new that trouble adds fuel in man's spirit.
107 months ago
Now
Hesbone  says:
That incident brings vivid memories.Mochoge was the chairman then, with a crazy assistant called Kitusa who led the strike. The fellow who sprayed the then principal[MR.SIAMBI-the late]With a fire extinguisher was a luo, a second year mech.engineering student.i cant remember his name well, something close to ONDIGO,guys went to Mzee Jomo kenyatta's grave to mourn his departure, others went to parliament gates, sat down on the road and cried. Then the GSU lorries came... KITUSA shouted'comrades! musikimbie!!!!"
weeee! i have never seen dust in my life.
107 months ago
gitaru  says:
Albert,Hesbone pengine was too busy trying to script or arrange for another dramatical perfomance to defy the censorship board that tried to kill drama festivities in colleges in those dark years,but its been too long to remember the details. I went for my internship in the middle of the year 1992 when poly was closed after one guy tried to drown the then principle in his office with a fire pipe.Refresh my memories, it was fun dont you think, of course to some extent.
107 months ago
Albert  says:
Gitaru,do you think huyu hesbone pia amezama kama kiptoo.Ama tear gas ilimchapa macho.Na kwa nini alikuwa amezubaa na mawe mkononi?Ama amepelekwa industrial area?Find out.
107 months ago
gitaru  says:
sure albert. Let kiptoo know it was not personal as he was a student just like we were. Sometimes when diplomacy fails.........stones fly and we get to dodge the bullets and the tear gas.
107 months ago
Albert  says:
Hang up guys Kiptoo has given up even though he wont say it.He has accepted his mistake and will join us next time we are throwing stones.Ama vipi Kip.By the way,Who knows the where abouts of Calisto kobungu.My buddy disapeared.
107 months ago
Now
Hesbone  says:
It indeed takes to wear the shoe to know where it hurts, i forgive those who burry there head into the earth, with the rest of the body mass on the surface, oblivious of the fact that what will eat them is a few meters away and right on the surface.It is high time we stoped judging the book by the cover, because the substance is right within the pages, if all of us chose to thing like my learned friend, Mr. kiptoo, iam sorry, we are doomed!!
107 months ago
gitaru  says:
Thanks Hesbone. May his soul RIP.I agree you Hesbone. Poly was not attended by lunatics, we had every reason to show our disgust with that regime. Teargasing innocent students in their halls of learning would never have gone unrevenged.
107 months ago
Now
Hesbone  says:
Thanks for the correction my dear learned comrade Mr. Gitaru, Mr. Auka not Ahuka. right! And for your information, i regret to let you know that George Rangya pased on in a road accident on jogoo road in 2004 while he was driving from his work location in Eldoret to call on his family in Nairobi.
107 months ago
gitaru  says:
The name was Auka not ahuka, and if i remember he had his passport impounded, and later defected on prime time news.I was in the class of George Rangya who later became chairman in 93.Red square is a hallowed ground in my mind, where a primary/high school principle became a college principle and sold our freedom to the moi regime. History was made in the years we sat there and boycotted classes and someone drove the school bus to a rally and we were banned from playing college sports for an incident at utalii.The part played by those who did will never be forgotten by those who were there.The drama group was awesome,for mention.
107 months ago
Now
Hesbone  says:
where is this man who was back on air? ulitoweka tena?
108 months ago
Albert  says:
Trully sad.Thats when all of us whom had the heart spoke the only way we could to to the concerned remind kiptoo of the Mururi issue and ask him If he was his blood brother what would he do.Throwing stones is noy uncivilization but communication.
108 months ago
Now
Hesbone  says:
kiptoo, you are back on air from where? And when were you last on air?

Well,i beg to correct you on the context of comparing makerere to poly, these are two separate institutions, that politically, geographically and socially have nothing in common.

poly is not made up of lunatics who just jump out of class and start throwing stones!! they are provoked!

Kiptoo, if a students leader THE KPSU CAHAIRMAN, misteriously disapears from the colledge compound, he is neither in class, In the office or at home, simply because he is being tortured at nyayo house chambers for questioning why mult-partism should not be allowed, you expect the comrades to gather at the red square and sing songs of praise? this was the case of CHAIRMAN AHUKA @ STONE THROWING 1991.

Come 1992-when your brothers and sisters start loosing their lives in the name of tribal clashes in rift valley, you expect the students to sing 'KENYA KIPENZI, HAKUNA MWINGINE DUNIANI'

Kiptoo, when a no.11 matatu tout pushes a stundent out while the matatu is in motion, simply because he cannot afford to pay ksh.5 fare, and the guy fall out, i am not sure wether he died or not, but was seriously injured, you expect the comrades to cheer up in praise of the conductor?

Eeeh! when Murungi flouts the constitution drawn by the kenyans for the kenyans, simply because the cake must remain in the mount kenya hands, you expect the leaders of tomorrow to dance in ululations????

challenge me on these kiptoo, with due respect.
108 months ago
(37 comments on this topic)
Not logged in: Please login if you want to post a reply.