Now

THE BEST BOOK YOU EVER READ

Salim says:

"It was the Best of Times, It was the Worst of times,It was the Age of Wisdom, It was the Age of Foolishness,It was the Epoch of Belief, It was the Epoch of Incredulity,It was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness,it was the Spring of Hope, it was the Winter of Despair, we had Everything before us, we had Nothing Before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way,.............."

Published in 1859,and having personally read it 20 years ago, A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens, Centuries have passed without its Match in the Fiction world, am talking of the about 1000 fiction materials I have gone through!

Which is your Best Fiction?, Give us a taste of its Content.

7 months ago
Replies:
Mukosha  says:
Sands of Time and Nothing lasts Forever by Sydney Sheldon
3 months ago
Now
Trinity  says:
Your best life now by Joel Osteen ...
3 months ago
Mhlomuli  says:
Friends, Romans and countrymen, lend me your ears....Shakespeare's Julius Ceasar..
4 months ago
Now
Zabde-Ezra  says:
All novels by Mr. Forsyth are fiction. But he bases them on real World events. Zab.
4 months ago
Now
Salim  says:
@Zab, Is Frederick Forsyth's work non-Fiction? Including "The Cobra"?
4 months ago
Now
Zabde-Ezra  says:
The Bible comes first, and then books by Dr. R. Covey and Dr. John Maxwell. One non-fiction writer I still follow is Frederick Forsyth.
I also read National Geographic.-Zab
4 months ago
Now
adelaide  says:
THE BEST BOOK I HAVE READ IS THE BIBLE.IT HAS ALL THE CALCULATIONS,SCIENCES,HISTORICAL,GEOGRAPHICAL,LANGUAGES AND ALL YOU MAY THINK OF.
6 months ago
Now
Billy  says:
BIBLE: For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. ~Romans 6:23~
6 months ago
Now
Billy  says:
BIBLE: All have sinned and come short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23
6 months ago
Now
samsonDar  says:

Do They Hear You When You Cry
by Fauzya Kasindja
For Fauziya Kassindja, an idyllic childhood in Togo, West Africa, sheltered from the tribal practices of polygamy and genital mutilation, ended with her beloved father's sudden death. Forced into an arranged marriage at age seventeen, Fauziya was told to prepare for kakia, the ritual also known as female genital mutilation. It is a ritual no woman can refuse. But Fauziya dared to try.

This is her story--told in her own words--of fleeing Africa just hours before the ritual kakia was to take place, of seeking asylum in America only to be locked up in U.S. prisons, and of meeting Layli Miller Bashir, a law student who became Fauziya's friend and advocate during her horrifying sixteen months behind bars. Layli enlisted help from Karen Musalo, an expert in refugee law and acting director of the American University International Human Rights Clinic. In addition to devoting her own considerable efforts to the case, Musalo assembled a team to fight with her on Fauziya's behalf. Ultimately, in a landmark decision in immigration history, Fauziya Kassindja was granted asylum on June 13, 1996. Do They Hear You When You Cry is her unforgettable chronicle of triumph
6 months ago
Now
Thanx guys, i wanna read something right now.
7 months ago
Now
D.  says:
Have you guys heard of the Codex Gigas, also known as the Devil`s Bible ? It is a 13th century book from Bohemia. Reputedly the book can`t be read. Thoughts....?
7 months ago
Now
SamZim  says:
'There are fragments and snatches of fragments. The momentary fingerings of a guitar. Things as they are— but not really in the Wallace Stevens manner. The way things have always been. A torn bit of newspaper whose words have neither
beginning nor end but the words upon it. A splinter of melody piercing the ear with a
brittle note. Nothing lasts long enough to have been. These fragments of everything descend upon us haphazardly. Only rarely do we see the imminence of wholes. And
that is the beginning of art.'
7 months ago
Now
Asiyo  says:
Best book..... The Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith
7 months ago
Now
Salim  says:
"Hail Jail, The House for all,the Only House where a Government Minister and a Pickpocket dine together, work together and discuss matters on equal terms....."

Across the Bridge by a Kenyan Writer, Mwangi Gicheru.
7 months ago
Now
Zorban  says:
LordWIKInutz: You might enjoy Carlos Castañeda's books: http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2398/did-carlos-castaneda-hallucinate-that-stuff-in-the-don-juan-books-or-make-it-up
eg~ JOURNEY TO IXTALAN: Castañeda examines his field notes and comes to understand what don Juan knew all along—PSYCHOTROPIC PLANTS are merely a means to understanding ALTERNATIVE REALITIES that one CANNOT FULLY EMBRACE on ONE's own :~)
7 months ago
Now
Aleksandra  says:
I also love thousands of books but now I thought of Centennial by James A. Michener.

"When the earth was already ancient, of an age incomprehensible to man, an event
of basic importance occurred in the area which would later be known as Colorado.[…]”
[...]Three billion, six hundred million years ago the crust had formed, and the
cooling earth lay exposed to the developing atmosphere.[...]
[...]With slow, lumbering strides the reptile moved toward a clear river that emptied into the swamp, and now its total form was visible. Its head reared thirty-five feet; its shoulders were thirteen feet high; its tail dragged aft some fifty feet; it weighed nearly thirty tons.
It was diplodocus, not the largest of the dinosaurs and certainly not the most
fearsome. This particular specimen was a female, seventy years old and in the
prime of life.[...]
[...]She was looking for a stone. For some time she had instinctively known that she lacked a major stone, and this distressed her. She had become agitated about the missing stone and now proposed settling the matter. Keeping her head low, she
scanned the bottom of the stream but found no suitable stones. [...]
[...]It was a cruel land, that year when man arrived. The New Rockies rose perhaps
a millionth of an inch; certainly they did not stand still, for they never had and they
never would. They were either rising in birth or falling in decay, and in time to
come they might be higher than the Himalayas or lower than the Appalachians.[...]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centennial_%28novel%29
7 months ago
Now
Aleksandra  says:
Hahaha!

@Lord wiKiDemiA nUTZ : You would have probably liked something like this:

"In the underground hall called Adyton, on a tripod seat placed over the gap, which mined hallucinogenic fumes, sat Delphic oracle called Pythia. After entering her trance (helped by chewing a few laurel leaves and breathing the volcanic fumes that emanated from a crack in the floor), she became possessed by the voice of Apollo, and could answer any question posed to her."

Read something by Philip Coppens.

http://archive.is/Z98l4
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Coppens_%28author%29
7 months ago
Now
Zorban  says:
I've several favourites~ each for different reasons...
7 months ago
Now
Salim  says:
What r u saying @Weedman, hope you hate the Readers too.
7 months ago
Now
personally, i hate books and their authors
7 months ago
(21 comments on this topic)
Not logged in: Please login if you want to post a reply.