Now

AGWAMBO/KIBAKI

Wainaina says:
Hi all,

A friend sent me this and i thought i should share. We can keep this title for pure electoral politics.

WE DO NOT WORSHIP RAILA BUT WE LIKE HIS RESUME!

- Do I support Raila?-YES
- Am I a Luo?-NO
- Is Raila a visionary leader?-YES
- Is Raila a god?-NO
- Are there many supporting Raila just because he is a Luo?-YES
- Are there many against Raila just because he is a Luo?-YES
- Is Raila the answer to all the Kenyan Problems?-NO
- Can Raila help lead Kenya towards justice and prosperity for
all?-YES
- Is Raila better than Kibaki?-YET TO BE DETERMINED (but, I believe
so?)
- Is Raila better than Moi?-YES-anybody is better than Moi, even
Kalembe Ndile is better than Moi!!!
- Has Raila proven himself as a freedom fighter, astute politician,
and
a capable leader, qualified to lead Kenya?-ABSOLUTELY YES

Although some of the questions and answers above may seem silly and
pedestrian, they are meant to show that some of us are objective
supporters
of a Raila presidency! We are not just some dogged loyalists driven by
irrational euphoria galvanized in inveterate tribalism! NO! You must
understand that some of us are the same patriotic Kenyans who survived
Moi
and feverishly supported Kibaki in the last elections. So, we are not
just
some ignorant worshippers kneeling relentlessly at the Raila shrine. We
have valid reasons-motivated by patriotism, Kenyan pride and dear love
for
country.

Despite the overwhelming tribal influence, which stifles and precludes
progressive national politics in Kenya, some of us appreciate Raila
Odinga
because we have the ability to separate the patriot from the
politician-it
is not that difficulty! Firstly, most Kenyans know what the man has
been
through. Raila has been fighting for better governance, political
suffrage,
and justice for all Kenyans before it was fashionable to do so! The man
lost many years in detention while the rest of us sat by and allowed
Moi
and his cronies to cast him as a radical determined to ruin Kenya. As
Raila
languished in jail, most of us, including some of the current
politicians,
continued to support Moi who did everything in his power to tribalize,
impoverish, plunder, and corrupt our dear country.

Secondly, Kibaki would never have been president if it wasn't for
Raila! It
was Raila who destroyed Moi's dreams of a Uhuru Kenyatta presidency in
the
last elections. Whereas the other politicians remained in total
disarray as
Moi impetuously imposed Uhuru on the people, Raila took charge. Raila
formed a rebellious coalition within KANU and delivered a severe blow
to
Moi. Moreover, he handed the Kenyan presidency to Kibaki on a silver
platter. He crisscrossed the country popularizing and campaigning for
Kibaki. Even in Central province, Kikuyu men and women were singing
Rila
praises to the effect of *"Raila ni Jamba!"-*Raila is a warrior! Let's
not
forget that Luos, Kambas, Kalenjins, Luhyas, and many others voted for
Kibaki because of Raila. It was their belief in Raila-the man, the
patriot,
the freedom fighter, the visionary, which gave value to a Kibaki
presidency.

Thirdly, there is no doubt that the present Kenyan constitution is
lacking!
It is foolish to assume that any country can deliver to the citizenry
when
the supreme law of the land is flawed and ineffective. Progressive
minded
Kenyan's appreciate this simple fact. They p
81 months ago
Replies:
Now
sammy  says:
Where are they taking us?
78 months ago
Now
Peter  says:
also visit these sites and read what others say

http://www.mashada.com

http://www.abunuwasi.com
79 months ago
Then
Vincent  says:
If anyone ever gets to hear Livondo and Kalembe speak/read English, you will all agree with me that the latter is indeed a professor in linguistics.

Deno, pole! Lakini nyinyi ndio akina nani?
79 months ago
Now
DENIS  says:
it`s official.Tuko kwa tabu.we are falling and we can`t get up.
79 months ago
Now
Karanja  says:
Cool Eric its between Raila and Kibaki

Nway am for Kibaki and therefore i nsupported Livondo naturally.
Actually i donno the guy have seen him in telly once.....
BUT....
BUT....

I heard its better to have an illiterate(if so you call him)if the literate have been there for 15 years and nuthin has gone on.

LIVONDO!

79 months ago
Then
Vincent  says:
@Karanja....."I think the guys who stepped down for him are patriotic Kenyans"
If that is how you define patriotism then many straight-thinking Kenyans would rather not take up the brand. By the way, who are these patriots, akina Ndura Waruinge?

Anyway, this is not going to happen bcoz your (read PNU) plan to import voters from Kiabu and its environs to oust Raila in Langata has been crushed!

I wonder how a scholar like you would support a thuggish, criminal and illiterate candidate like Livondo (or perhaps you aren't one after all). What would he be saying in parliament anyway? Dosing during debates and shooting up to ask "what about Langata?" like a certain former illiterate MP used to do during the Nyayo era?

I have a kiuk boss and a voter in Lang'ata who is a zealous Ubako supporter but he insists that his conscience can't allow him to vote for an illiterate person to parliament. I greatly respect him, how I wish yuo'd borrow a leaf.
79 months ago
Now
Karanja  says:
Thursday 27 2007 a time like now.....

SHORTEST AND EASIEST RACE FOR PRESIDENCY AS LIVONDO TAKES THE LEAD IN LANG`ATA.

I think the guys who stepped down for him are patriotic Kenyans.
79 months ago
Mudge  says:
I just hope the elections will be peacefull.Power hungry politicians should not be voted in, lest things turn out in future like Putin is now doing with Russia.This elections is not just about Baks, Agwambo or Musyoka- its about the future of Kenyans so guys vote wisely!
79 months ago
Now
DENIS  says:
they are racing to still more money.
79 months ago
Now
Peter  says:
Another political bragging

The ODM has already planned the handing over ceremony as 2nd January 2008.

Big appetite for power.

Kenyans take care of the top two contestants.

They are not preparing their supporters to accept any negative results of the elections while it is evident that the two cant win at once.

79 months ago
Now
Peter  says:
Pale pale... kule, kule, tutafanya, tutafanya
Hapana, wee wacha, wee wacha, muondoe huyo, wee!
79 months ago
Now
Peter  says:
@Karanja
you are only lucky that even this post has not so far been sexualized.

It is a common trend in the evolution of posts here.

Sorry for being confined in this.
79 months ago
Now
Karanja  says:
@Nobert,

'@Karanja lets argue like sholars!!!!! ' i thot you would spare me that.

The only post i like is this coz i can indentify wit it.

The others are all sexalised.So if i dont feel pervert like i can express my political will.

I agree fish is food but if ya think i mean Raila then thats fishy!!!!!!!!

I think I will start talkin about bats,is that okey Nobert? and dont tell me 'No but...'
79 months ago
Now
Patrick  says:
Ndangili,,don`t cancel anything,we shamelessly call it CHRISTMASS!!
I imagine Ida having sleepless nights celerating the kofi. And then in waking to a nightmare of Lucy in the hill house in Jan!
79 months ago
Now
Nobert  says:
@Karanja lets argue like sholars!!!!! why mention samaki every time you refer to Raila? are you very worried by his popularity??? please give articulate issues and facts, Samaki is just but food. Pole if i provoked you but i hope i said it humbly????!!!
79 months ago
Now
Karanja  says:
well spoken!

Atleast i know state house is safe wit our first lady and anyone who wants to be shown around illegally will be bitch-slapped.

Lets keep our emotions cool till after election when we go back fishing..ok fishing for votes.
79 months ago
Now
Peter  says:
looking at the presidential candidates' % support per province,it is evident that the results of Nairobi reflect much of what we have been getting from the opinion polls.This indicates that the opinion polls if held true speak much about Nairobi province and not the other provinces.

Other facts about the politics are that

-The transition of power between moi,kibaki and kenyatta families talked about by raila does not seem true.there is a very high degree of exeggeration.

-When somebody talks of making Kenya a disease free country and eliminate drought,it raises a question of who somebody thinks he will become as a president.Disease and drought are natural catastrophes and only God has control over these aspects of nature(even Jehova Wanyonyi of Western Kenya who claims to be the God we have been worshiping!!!!! has not addressed these)

-About the public debate,I think Kalonzo wa Musyoka and William wa Ruto have the fluency of speech required to keep audience during such debates.Kibakis message I guess will be hapana... through out while Raila will vibrate and move his whole body saying little in such a debate.

-It is mere bragging for a presidential candidates wife to prompt Lucy Wambu..oh sorry,I risk a slap,Lucy Muthoni to invite her to statehouse and show her around(kitchen,bedroom,bathroom,etc).

Merry xmass

79 months ago
Now
Karanja  says:
@Vincent,
There are some salient features i would like to draw ur attention to;

Let me borrow this,but its true.

Raila has panicked,hes allover the media (sorry to say)appealing for the Kikuyu vote.He knows its a hard losing battle n hes trying to go tribal.

His appeal for a public debate was a showoff. Underdogs do that all the time.They seek the kings to drag them to their level.

Its like ya,ofcos u`l go for the flyest momma to prove a point .
Anyway,
1.Whoever screams loudest has been bitten.
2.Ukiona vyaelea,jua ni samaki.

10 days n we shall be talkin on Railas comeback in 2012.
79 months ago
Then
Vincent  says:
True Phillip, hii imeenda for sure!

Sample these latest events:

The final opinion polls released some 12 days to polls gives Raila a clear 10% lead (doesn't mean I now believe in them, they are still trash coz Raila should be leading with btn 55 & 63%);
Lucy Wambui, sorry Muthoni gives an MC a hard smack in a public presidential function;
The EU dismisses Kimunya's threat of a possible holding up of donor funds should Raila take the presidency;
Githongo speaks....;
Raila takes Kisumu by storm.....;
And just wait for 24th Uhuru Park Rally - will be the mother of all political rallies in the recent past.....

THE WRITING IS TRULY ON THE WALL, AU SIO???
79 months ago
Now
Philip  says:
hii imeenda. kwisha kabisa
79 months ago
Now
Martin  says:
Oranjo, dont take that! Opps!! unless Tinga takes it on 27th, its hard though.
79 months ago
Now
Peter  says:
and there is another indirect campaign.the first lady candidates,most evident between Ida Odinga and Lucy Kubaki.

Steadman should also focus on this
79 months ago
Then
Vincent  says:
@Patrick: yes, the people are waiting for Dec 27 to vote in 'The People's President' aka Rais......you can count on my vote man!

@Karanja: Am told that Prof. Mazrui failed severally in school until he concluded that it's not him but the education system in Kenya that had a problem. Eventually he made his way thro' UG et al and now he is a venerated scholar, a Prof. of political Science & a university chancellor.

I didn't know you (Karanja) had such a good sense of humour! Ati Osama, Odick Morris,......,Ovincent...... that's a nice one eh!
Can we add 'Okaranja' to the list bcoz I bet you too wish Obama well in his bid, don't you?
79 months ago
Now
Patrick  says:
This is getting more lively and fun than expected! Seems some guys look foward to Steadman (Waititu)`s opinion! Or any other Prof`s words,,,as for us ordinally Kenyans,all we can do is waite for the day to vote back our President.
,,over to you,,,,..
79 months ago
Now
Karanja  says:
Vincent,thats some dose that got me laughing...

Anyway as for your answer above the Prof Mazrui guy has no solid achievemnets behind his name.Hes a prof coz he read,but weas the knowledge?

He shudnt be talkin next president based on tribe wether in Kenya or states.
N simply because Oprah endorsed Obama it doesnt mean hes president.And i know why she endorsed him...look at the pattern below...

Obama
Osama
Oprah
Oj Sipmson
Odick Morris
Omena Fishmarket
Odomodomo
OVincent
OVincent again
79 months ago
Then
Vincent  says:
Karanja, you must be living in Utopia to still think that Kibaki will win the elections. Even Steadman tried to fine-tune minds of kenyans to an eventual rigging plot, but lost twice-the attempt itself and also their credibility. River Nile is unstoppable, time for a 'change' idea has come and there's the hand of God in it I assure you.
In Prof. Mazrui's words (read todays Standard newspaper, the question is: "Which country will have a Luo President first: Kenya or the United States?" and I bet it is the former.

Gidi, UK & Jimmy will at the highest be ordinary MPs, the anarchism plan by the 3 families has been crashed.
And by the way, are you aware that your sacred Tuju is now singing Raila tosha in Rarieda in a desparate attempt to atleast recapture his seat?
79 months ago
Now
Martin  says:
I just watched Livondos clips on NTV's Bulls eye, (You tube), hell tha brotha' gotta some cash but definatelly na' English @ all. Did he ever step in any school? may be he took some Lunje classes. The fact is the man must be one sought after eligible bachelor in Nai, coz with our gals, you are as handsome as your wallet is fat. See no evil hear no evil. Can Livondo be a turnoff when he speaks despite all the dollars mr. money bags got?
79 months ago
Now
Karol  says:
Ey! Karanja this is the closest you've come to the truth. Only if...Kibaki wins(and dont you be too sure lest you commit suicide after 27th)
79 months ago
Now
Karanja  says:
I think the only move she can pull is the jig..
Michuki calls it "Waathi wa mukamba"Its too early to conclude but here are the facts..

If Kibaki wins(and def he will)

1.Raila wont have anotha chance,this is the closest he will cum to the presidency(if at all he captures Lang`ata).
2.Kalonzo will be a force to reckon with in the future
3.Ngilu will be a spent force.
4.Mukhisa and Kombo will be bull fighters as Moody becums more moody.
5.Tuju will be the hero of Rarieda.
6.The emergence of JUG Jimmi,Uhuru&Gideon.
7.Basicaly Gema will re-emerge,stronger not just as a tribal outfit but to safeguard biz interests by mere revival of 1970`s politics.

For the rest catch NTV tonight@ 7.30 pm on the making of a Nation but heres the best.....

I will be the new poltical scientist cum analyst making rounds!!!!!!!!!!!!email;kubaffdomo@fishmarket.jimbo

79 months ago
Now
Nobert  says:
@ Caroline, thanks so much ma sistooo, they almost swallowed me, but thanks coz the unstoppable is comin they like it or not, its time for Kazi Ianzeeeeeeeee, Agwambo damu!!!
@ Eric you must be annoyed but this is politicks and there is life after the polls dont forget and after that we will see who's superior in his predictions between me and you!!
79 months ago
Now
Karol  says:
Nobert: Pole, for a while there you were left alone in the ocean full of sharks. They almost ate you up!
Its hot now and no amount of reasoning can convince both sides. Just cool it off and let the unstoppable take its course.
79 months ago
Now
Patrick  says:
Anybody can form an opinion poll company.do the research at home alone, and have it published in a leading news media,,go to sleep,and let the public fight it out till he does it again.He is a skilled campaigner,earning an income out of our ignorance!,,and slowly but surely shaping the outcome of the elections,emotionally.
,,watch the opinion poller`s last strikes!
79 months ago
Now
Karanja  says:
C`mon brothas lets not fight on a friday.......

Anybody who hs gambled before..Cash?Cards? Pool?Horses.....

When your enemy is constantly losing...dont be content run,dont try to finish him.

"Sometimes we win by seemingly losing'' wise words by karanja07Ku,fishmarketapproach to kibakitena na wachadomo...

TUkaWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ni 5PM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
79 months ago
Now
Peter  says:
Then it should be done away with.

Infact some countries dont allow it during electioneering period.
79 months ago
Now
Peter  says:
could there be a politcal influence in the poll ratings?

@ Mutu
Which is the plastic vote?
79 months ago
Mutu  says:
Vin

I dont agree on yur choice of candidate (I am fo Kibaki damu!!!) but I agree with you that there is no rationale in ratings of a candidate flactuating like a pendulum without any expalnation! The opinion pols are trash! What matters is the plastic vote!
79 months ago
Then
Vincent  says:
The noise that has been made by democrat kenyans over the flawed opinion polls has been heeded to. Eventhough not yet accurately reflective of the mood on the ground (I believe Raila commands between 55% - 60% following), atleast the today's opinion poll results have shown a widening of the gap between Rais & Baks. Even the Infamous Consumer Insight has given Raila a 4% lead (only last week Raila was trailing Kibaki by some 0.9%), incredidle eh!!!

I still have unanswered questions to the pollsters:
What did Raila do in the past 1-2 weeks which he had not done before when his ratings kept on dwindling?
Or put another way, what has Baks said/done which has made his ratings drop?

Unless these questions are satisfactorily answered, my perception of the pollsters and their so-called opinion ratings will remain just that - TRASH!
79 months ago
Now
Nobert  says:
i understand you sir!!!!, but when Erick rattles a peaceful snake what do you expect?
79 months ago
Now
DENIS  says:
@Nobert
Those were some harsh words between you and Eric.Arguements have no position in an interesting debate.Most of the time,smart people overlook crooked criticism and just try to understand the facts put forward.
79 months ago
Now
Nobert  says:
@ Denno, the ability to take right criticism is the most difficult because the truth hurts, but the ability to take a wrong one is just as crooked as the person who is projecting or portraying the crooked criticism.
@ Patrick very true "ma broder" the consumer is the most flawed opinion polls of our century just because of its composition.
79 months ago
Now
Patrick  says:
Since no one can read the hearts of Kenyans,i dont think Consumer Insight is lying to anyone,they are playing their game,arent theaters open to the public till 27th????
,,over to who??
79 months ago
Then
Vincent  says:
Thanx Wainaina for that clarification.Whoever owns Consumer Insight in/directly doesn't matter, only they should stop lying to kenyans.

I still wonder.... Denis' message above is so subtle and non-confrontational, I personally can't figure out at whom it is directed....
79 months ago
Now
Peter  says:
Siasa na wanasiasa,

Whether Raila or Kibaki or Kalonzo(Full stop),Kenya will have a president.

My advice to you strong supporters of Raila Kalonzo and Kibaki is that,expect your preferred candidate to win,but allow a certain degree of not winning.Otherwise,the shock of unexpected outcome may book someone a hospital bed.

Reality is that the two can not win at once

Relax!!!!!

79 months ago
Now
Wainaina  says:
Denis,

Thank you very much.

Norbert, in my books, sits at the same table with Jerry. Rabid ODM (Raila)supporters who will not take any critisism. Sad for KU graduates.

Vincent.
Consumer Insight Ltd is owned by one Ndirangu wa Maina. Kagwe is associated with Tell Em public relations Ltd. Keep it real.
79 months ago
Now
DENIS  says:
the ability to take criticism is one of the toughest things.wether they are right or wrong.The response always tells alot about someone.
79 months ago
Now
Nobert  says:
@Vincent thanks fro the correction
@ Eric between me and you who is now showing his ignorance??? infact you are just arguing as if you did not even step inside a class, you mean only Central and Eastern province can add up to the Kenyan Population? if so why is Kibaki going to other provinces to seek for votes yet he can get enough from Central and Eastern province?
Man, get your facts right lest you show us that you have nothing in your brain regarding statistics open up your mind and dont narrow up coz it exposes you even the more.
Am sorry to have used such words, dont confuse them with abuse they are just hitting the nail on your head! thanks Mr. Eric
79 months ago
Then
Vincent  says:
Correction Nobert, Steadman puts Raila ahead in 6, not 5 provinces. It is this Mutahi Kagwe's Consumer Insight which puts Raila ahead of the trio in 5 provinces except NE, Central & Eastern, yet Raila trails Kibaki in the overall opinion!!! Doesn't add up totally.....

@Eric, according to you;
Rift Valley = Nyanza = Western = Coast = Nairobi = North Eastern (in in terms of population/No. of registered voters).
It therefore follows (in your view) that;
Central = 2Rift Valley + Nyanza + Nairobi + NE while
Eastern = 2Western + Coast

Unless the above is raelly the case, your assertion remains very narrow-minded, sorry to say.
79 months ago
Now
Nobert  says:
and Finally am just wondering at the Steadman Opinion polls how can Raila be leading in 5 out of 8 provinces and the Steadman is putting just a difference of 0.3% lead margin between Raila and Kibaki, what are the logistics in this? I think that something is wrong somewhere, and what has Raila not done in the past weeks that Kibaki is doing such that every opinion poll is indicating that Raila is droping bit by bit while Kibaki is climbing? Does Steadman realize that there is life after the elections?
79 months ago
Then
Vincent  says:
@Babu, I think you are absolutely right. What mzee/his MCs need to do is to read the mood in a particular rally first, then carefully choose who should speak where, when and what. Otherwise, he'd better do it solo, atleast p'ple still have immense respect for him and can never boo him even in Kisumu. What happened to Kituyi was real shame to the eloquent Dr.
And now I agree with Ndile that some of the prezzo's buddies.... sura tu kuonekana hivi, kura elfu zimeenda...
79 months ago
Now
Wainaina  says:
Vincent,

I think that anyone trying to rig the election should be burnt on a stake. We have come too far as a nation to go back to those bad old days.

Also, I think some of these stories are opposition creations to remain relevent. One would not need a high powered delegation to visit a printer. You can transact this over the phone or net.

Further to this, rigging is hard to do in Kenya. This is because of the power of:
1. Vote counting at each polling station
2. The prevalence of the mobile phone
3. The FM stations

Glarining irregularities would spotted and reported.
79 months ago
Now
Babu  says:
@ Wainaina, I think Kibaki should be campaigning by himself, as origiinally as it was ment for him to stand on PNU mansolo... Mukhisa got boo-ed, Michuki is scaring voters! There's love for buda even in hostile territories....
79 months ago
Then
Vincent  says:
Ofcourse yes, in Naivasha, Rongai, Subukia, Laikipia and Molo areas. Otherwise, the greater part of rift valley remains a hostile territory for him.
In Western, he concentates his campaigns in Bungoma district. In the rest of the places, he still is unwelcome!

Wainaina, what do you think about the latest revelation of a cabinet minister (name withheld) escorting a section of the Kibaki-appointed ECK commissioners to Belgium to print some counterfeit ballot papers, what really is cooking in the PNU kitchen???
79 months ago
Now
Wainaina  says:
Is Kibaki making any headway in Rift and Western?
79 months ago
Then
Vincent  says:
The writing is on the walll...
Due to his consistent below-average performance, I choose to ignore Kalonzo....
But sample these major wkend events: Kibaki in Iten; Lucy wa Kibaki in Mumias; and Agwambo in Kayole.Aren't these clear indications of what we expect on 12/27 ???
79 months ago
Now
Babu  says:
@Phillip, so true.... as Maathai had said yesterday, they're some who are trying to hold on the 3 piece voting to guarantee themselves seats. But from what we saw during the nominations, Baks & Agwambo have no say over the voters aka true owners....
80 months ago
Now
Karanja  says:
Another Fact..Diss time for ODM fellas.

1. Phillips is an Atlas;where is our Philip taking us now?

2.Jerry is a cartoon,Paka akiondoka panya hutawala.I can live with that.Paka=Brains.

Fact..All these comments ni za MUTU binafsi.Hazi saidii

Report by Vincent Afande.

80 months ago
Now
Philip  says:
who are the real powers behind PNU?

pictute this; aspirants who got nomination to run on PNU receive 'word' thru the media that they are to meet the Baks at KICC for a 'reconciliation' meeting. they all troop there in time but no Prezzy to be seen. Uncle Moody takes the initiative to keep guys happy by starting off the meeting only for an aide to come whispering to him that the meeting has been pushed to Intercon! (thats the VP in the dark mark you, the VP!!!!). at Intercon some nominees (notably from Ford K and Narc K) are furious! WHO changed the venue? thats untill they see the occupant of a sleek dark blue Merc emerging from the underground parking.

fact: the likes of Kombo, Karua, Tuju, Kituyi et al are currently NOT happy with the true owners of PNU. and oh, there's that little thing of after Baks then? wenye PNU have one masterplan. it has another iendelee in it.
80 months ago
Now
Wainaina  says:
Jerry,

You are just short of throwing stones.
80 months ago
Now
Wainaina  says:
Jerry,

Will you tell Agwambo?
80 months ago
Now
Wainaina  says:
Someone needs to tell Agwambo the following

1. Do not sign MOUs with muslims. Not in a country that is 80% Christian.
2. If you sign one, DO NOT tell the rest of Kenya about it. One of the reasons Kenyans rejected the Bomas draft of the constitution was the issue of the Kadhis courts.
3. Do not admit weakness in your internal democratic process. It is a sign of how you will rule if you win
4. Do not adapt your opponents slogans. "Kazi ianze sasa" or use the word "domo". It demonstrates that your opponent has something on you.
5. Stay focussed.
80 months ago
Mutu  says:
Muriang'uru

These people dont vote. They just make noise. most of them are just refugees who just read about Kenya. Tell them waache DOMO DOMO na KAZI IENDELEE!!!
80 months ago
Now
Wainaina  says:
And I wonder if the poor guys who paid 100k and campaigned in Kisumu rural and Ugenya will get a refund?
80 months ago
Then
Vincent  says:
Well put Patrick, so I even overestimated the crowd!

Sammy, you know I thought you were talking about PNU & affiliates until you mentioned ODM..... just read your posting above once again
80 months ago
Now
sammy  says:
One candidate promised "losers" jobs. If there were any vacancies, I believe Kibaki would have filled them now.

Or he meant sacking and replacing the civil servants with his own people? Some guys are too tribal and pretenders. No wonder he is surounded by tribal chiefs some of whom will not make it to parliament.

ODM rigged nominations and thus they must live and feed the anomally. Their own curse.
80 months ago
Now
Patrick  says:
imagine watching the crowd and smiling,,ooh there aren`t enough of them,see even a truck is cutting across at 90m/hr and no one is noticing!
,,now why cry foul???breath your own air!!
80 months ago
Muriang'uru  says:
What's all the hullabaloo about? Be patient learned fellows and wait for December 27th, then cast your votes. No amount of chest thumping here will make your favourite candidate win. Avail yourself at the polling station and stand up to be counted.
80 months ago
Then
Vincent  says:
Wainaina, ".......the youth rally jana was a major coup...."
The front view of the crowd might have deceived you to think it was a 'coup'. How I wish you saw the rare view, the park was literally empty at the back! Besides, there were large tracks in-btn the crowd, someone could comfortably ride a bicycle!!!
80 months ago
Now
Wainaina  says:
At this point, you simply have to give respect to Kibaki and his handlers. Since they started campaigning, their message has been very consistent. The youth rally jana was a major coup.
80 months ago
Now
Patrick  says:
,,,whats the meaning of "Tosha"???.
80 months ago
Now
Nobert  says:
caroline, hawa wananichi wanadhani watatuchinda, hapanaaaaa, hawawezi hata kitoko, Raila tosa,msichese na huyu mtu manake, ni shida kwetu,ashana nao!!!! Raila Tosha
80 months ago
Now
Karol  says:
Vincent stop wondering, its a result of biased sampling techniques employed like you put it.
80 months ago
Then
Vincent  says:
Karanja, Wainaina, you were right. The polls have been released and as was expected, Baks and Rais have gained and lost 2 points respectively, tying at 43%.

Interestingly, I listened to Classic fm call-in opinion polls (on Kivumbi) yesternight and the polls were 55:35 for Raila & Baks. Also this morning's Kiss fm polls had the two leading contenders at fifty somethin:thirtysomethin as well. I remember Nyambane making joke out of it that anythin' else that Steadman comes up with, which is inconsistent with the above will not be acceptable, and he ended by reminding his friend and fellow comedian KJ not to forget to present his nomination papers to ECK today.

One wonders, is this (in)consistency a result of some manipulation, allowable margin of error, a result of biased sampling techniques employed, or what???????
80 months ago
Now
Karanja  says:
Its called self denial
80 months ago
Now
Wainaina  says:
Jerry,

That is a 180 degree about face. You might consider a career in politics!
80 months ago
Now
Wainaina  says:
The new steadman polls come out in three hours. The ODM brigade is already crying foul! Could they (Kajwang and Donde) be privy to the results or do they just have a bad feeling in the gut after the nominations fiasco?
80 months ago
Now
Karol  says:
The violence that marred some of the parties is a clear indication that they are popular and that everyone wants to identify with them(read it). the more the violence, the more popular the party. Now read the mood of the Kenyan people coz my friends, its clear.
80 months ago
Then
Vincent  says:
ODM-K did the best job....yes ofcourse....of gladly receiving political rejects. And it was funny to hear Mr. 8% saying that it was his earlier "prophesies" coming to pass!

The violence that marred the just concluded nominations is no indicator to a fallout or reduction of popularity of the affected parties. Remember the same was the case with NARC in 2002, yet it did not stop the already decided electorate then from voting Baks.
80 months ago
Now
Karanja  says:
They were fair by default

Its like wen u have one lady in an island,unless you play her wit the mermaids u have no option but to play fair.

but if ur in town n there all these cuties..u sleep wit one just to marry the fairest finally thou the society might cry foul.

So kina Koech,the one of Jonah`s theory wass spit in an island n he knows hes the only lady unless the 8% man wants duh, a mermaid!
80 months ago
Now
Wainaina  says:
Now that the nominations are behind us, I'm sure that ODM-K has done the best job of being free and fair. ODM and PNU are one and the same thing in thought and execution. Direct nominations to friends and losers getting tickets! Birds of a feather.........
80 months ago
Now
Karanja  says:
I think jerry plays wit himself
80 months ago
Now
Patrick  says:
Surely,,we need a Tom!
80 months ago
Then
Vincent  says:
I haven't seen a Tom in the blog, so who's Jerry's playmate?
80 months ago
Now
Karanja  says:
Now i know why the guy who designed Tom And Jerry
didnt call it another name like Mutombe and Babu.
Coz Jerry is the real rat!!!
80 months ago
Now
sammy  says:
Is it true that Dick is already enjoying local "services" otherwise how free is free?
80 months ago
Now
sammy  says:
A further scandal erupted over Morris's failure to pay his income taxes. The Connecticut Department of Revenue Services, the state tax-collection agency, listed Morris as the seventh-largest delinquent taxpayer for 2007.[4] The agency states that Morris owes $280,819 in unpaid taxes and that he has been on the delinquent list for years

END OF QUOTE
80 months ago
Now
sammy  says:
The Dick once said:

"while I served I sought to avoid the limelight because I did not want to become the message. Now, I resign so I will not become the issue."

Soon we witness the biggest scandal in the history of Kenya.
80 months ago
Now
stevemartin  says:
This propaganda thing is getting intresting day after day check out this:

It is official now that Mr. Dick Morris is the ODM chief campaign consultant and as he said, he will not be receiving any payment from ODM.

The question is, is it really for free

Of course the answer is a big No unless you are very naive. It is however true that Mr. Raila Odinga will not be paying a single cent for this; the bill is being footed by an American investment group that is sponsoring Raila’s election bid. But what does the investment group expect from Raila in return? Safaricom.

Just to remind you, recently after Raila's trip to the USA , immediately he came back, his first statement was that he wanted the Safaricom IPO halted until a later date. He then sent his team to go to court to ensure that the IPO was delayed. Many Kenyans thought that even though the IPO was being done transparently, Raila was just doing what the opposition is supposed to be doing – opposing the government even when there is no need to do so.

The truth of the matter is when Raila was in the US , he met a number of investors who are very interested in investing in Africa and had been looking for investment opportunities in Africa . Safaricom being East and Central Africa ’s most profitable company had definitely caught their attention. They knew that it is not possible to get a significant stake in the company if this is done the IPO way because the number of shares would have to be shared proportionately and hence they would only get a small proportion of the shares.

Raila being the power hungry individual he is and with the promise of getting campaign sponsorship, he promptly agreed – as you all know Raila can betray even his own blood brother just to get to power. That is where all this noise about Safaricom is coming from. Remember when the budget was read, nobody uttered a word about this IPO. The emergence of Mr. Morris at this stage comes only after the Americans discovered that Mr. Odinga’s ratings have taken a nose dive and they are willing to pay anything to see this guy come to power.

Talk about betrayal. This fellow is willing to sacrifice major development projects that will be affected should the IPO be delayed just to get to power. Furthermore he is to sell our most valued asset to foreigners at the expense of Kenyans. It is true that Raila has heavily mortgaged Kenyans just to get to power. And as we talk right now ODM has moved to court requesting that their appeal against the Safaricom IPO case they lost earlier be treated with urgency.

Remember that this is what he did with the molasses, when the then government transferred 240 acres of land on which the Kisumu Molasses Plant is built to Spectre International on January 11, 2001 at a price of Kshs 3.6 million at a time when Odinga started working closely with Moi. By June of the same year, Raila was appointed to the cabinet and made Energy Minister. Soon after taking over the plant from the government, Raila struck a lucrative deal with Energem whereby the Canadian firm bought 55 per cent of the Kisumu Molasses plant. Sources say that the Odinga family was paid over US$ 5 million (about Kshs 420 million) to relinquish the control of the molasses plant. The rest is history.

Now with things going this way for Safaricom, we are set to see the biggest scandal ever in Kenyan history and it is set to make Goldenberg and Anglo leasing look like childs play.
80 months ago
Now
sammy  says:
We are weak in our own ways but inviting foreigners to decide our destiney is going overboard. Then a whole prezo aspirant shamelessly parades his Dick. Surely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Family matters should lightly be touched. what do you lose? How may mistresses do you have? Stop pretending.
80 months ago
Now
Martin  says:
The Hooker, Line And Sinker

By Howard Kurtz
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, September 4, 1996; Page B01

Sherry Rowlands, the suddenly famous Virginia call girl, is taking all the credit for the downfall of presidential adviser Dick Morris. She says the Republicans had nothing to do with it.

"The only person in the world I knew politically was Dick Morris," she told the syndicated tabloid show "Hard Copy" in her first television interview. "Who do you call? I mean . . . you don't go in the phone book and look up Bob Dole." The two-part "Hard Copy" interview is scheduled to air on Baltimore 's Channel 2 tonight and tomorrow night at 12:05 a.m. .

As for Morris's downfall, Rowlands said: "Someone as intelligent as he is should have kept his lip buttoned when he unzipped his pants. I mean, how can you maneuver worlds, and he can't even control what he's doing in his own room with a paid lady?"

Morris's resignation was announced hours before President Clinton delivered his acceptance speech at the Democratic National Convention last Thursday night. His departure came after the Star, a supermarket tabloid, published allegations by the $200-an-hour prostitute that she had a long-running relationship with Morris. The Star, which says it paid Rowlands less than $50,000 for the story, made her available to "Hard Copy." A spokesman for the program, which often pays for interviews, declined to say whether Rowlands was paid.

In an interview with Time magazine published yesterday, Morris again declined to address the allegations, "even if this episode destroys me." He said he would not be advising Clinton informally: "I've sent myself out of the game. I'm not going to run the campaign from the locker room."

His wife, attorney Eileen McGann, posed with her husband for a Time photographer. She told Time she was "very upset" about the Star report but that "I thought it would be destructive to ask about the details and try to find out what was true. I'm an adult. I accepted Dick's apology."

Time's piece was its second straight cover story on Morris, the first person to be accorded such prominence since O.J. Simpson. Newsweek also gave cover billing to Morris's downfall.

In the "Hard Copy" interview, taped last weekend with co-anchor Barry Nolan, Rowlands said she went public because "it has to be told, whether I'm a call girl who'll blabber or whatever they want to call it, fine. But wake up, America . I mean, if he told me, who else did he tell?"

Asked about Morris's wife, Rowlands said: "I'm sure this is hurting her, and was not meant to hurt her. He's the one who hurt her, not me. . . . He loves his wife -- that's why he would pay me . . . to come see him. That makes him feel he is not cheating on his wife. This is business as long as he's paying for it."

She quoted Morris as saying: "My wife probably has an idea that I fool around, but she really doesn't have solid evidence. . . . She does tell me if I need to do that, please be discreet."

Rowlands quoted the political consultant as saying of his influence over the president: "They all know who holds the leash . . . that's around Clinton 's neck."

Rowlands also recounted an episode in which she said Morris let her listen in on a phone conversation with the president:

"Hillary answered the phone and she said the president was exercising at the moment and she would get him . . . and when [ Clinton ] came back he sounds really mad . . . a
80 months ago
Now
Martin  says:
4...Hope hako innocent kama wewe!
80 months ago
Now
Martin  says:

ODM'S CHIEF ADVISOR, DICK MORRIS.

How vanity led to downfall of Clinton 's guru
By Hugh Davies in Washington

Clinton's big day tarnished as adviser quits

FOR such a smooth Svengali-like political operator, Dick Morris was incredibly naive. His downfall came after he tried to impress the $200-an-hour prostitute Sherry Rowlands first with his wit (he liked to perform a frantic version of "Popeye the Sailor Man" in his underpants), and then with the fact that he knew President Clinton like a brother.

Phil Bunton, the British-born editor of the Star tabloid, which ambushed him last Thursday with the woman, said: "He seemed to think that Sherry was just some dim bimbo." But the blue-eyed blonde was busy nearly every week for a year making "voluminous" notes of their regular trysts at the Jefferson Hotel, just down the street from the White House.

Mr Morris so trusted her that he gave her a key to his regular suite, room 205, which he had because he was so often in Washington, away from his wife for 20 years, Eileen, an attorney, who stayed at home in Connecticut. It is paid for from Clinton campaign funds. When Mr Morris had no spare cash to pay the prostitute, he gave her a $824 (£528) cheque made out to him for a speech at the University of Memphis , counter-signing it so that she could go to a bank.

Armed with this evidence, Star reporters waited for 10 days in a room above the suite, to capture the couple on video, sitting on the balcony. Mr Bunton said his team had pictures of them in their clothes at 1.10am, and then at 3am relaxing in bathrobes. Other proof includes tapes from the prostitute's message service with Mr Morris arranging "dates". Similar tapes were offered by Gennifer Flowers in her 1992 deal with the Star to allege an affair with Mr Clinton. Mr Bunton said Rowlands was paid "considerably less" than Flowers.

If the prostitute is to be believed, Mr Morris's ego was his great problem. "When he first told me he was the president's political strategist, I hadn't a clue," Rowlands said. "Hey, I didn't care if Dick called himself Napoleon as long as his money was green. But I let him try to impress me."

'I don't want to wake up and see a whole bunch of cripples in wheelchairs chained to my front gate'
She claimed that the phone rang one night while they were sprawled on a bed after some kinky sex (he apparently had a preference for toe-sucking and dominance). On the line, she said, was Mr Clinton. "After a few words he motioned for me to sit on the sofa close to him. He held the receiver between us and was giggling and pointing for me to listen in. It was the man! Yeah! I was finally impressed."

Rowlands allegedly eavesdropped on several more conversations between the two, who have known each other since Mr Morris worked on Mr Clinton's first gubernatorial campaign in Arkansas in 1978. He helped him engineer his comeback in the state in 1982. She claimed to have heard a lot of political talk. "They were talking about changing the Medicare package, and Clinton apparently wasn't real happy with what Dick wanted him to do. At one point the President blurted out: 'Ah, hell, Dick, I don't want to wake up in the morning and see a whole bunch of cripples in wheelchairs chained to my front gate!' "

At one low point for the White House in the Whitewater scandal, Rowlands said that Mr Morris phoned the president early in the morning. She claimed to have heard Mr Clinton say: "Look, don't
80 months ago
Now
Patrick  says:
jerry,,,what do you say of the 20s who will never see 2012? not coz of hunger but coz of dudu?
then how long do you wish the ODM team to hung in there? Or how do they themselves????
think youthfulness comes with guaranteed responsibility???
80 months ago
Now
Peter  says:
No we didn't

How big/small was it?

Is its size related to the votes expected?

Crowds don't translate into votes.
80 months ago
Now
Wainaina  says:
Wow! Did you guys see the size of the ODM crowd today?
80 months ago
Now
sammy  says:
3. kibaki is mortal being who falls sick

4. Raila had the obligation of travelling to Nyeri as a politician

5. Njamba is the male of a hen amd Raila is no female!

6. raila is a fearless politician hence a "njamba" and no relation to going to central, eastern or any other province.

7. A path was a road in mfangano island a few years back

8. We need administration, hospitals and colleges in the neighbourhood and that is no politics. IT IS CHEAP POLITICS.

9. Corruption will always be at some value above zero even without Kibaki

10. Goldenberg and Agloleasing were scandles just like the monicah-clinton scandle and many others.

11. Kamlesh like Zacheas of the New Testament has got saved and true judgement belongs to God not Kibaki. Who am I?

12. Our cohesion as a nation is more important than the fidings of a commission of inquiry.

13. We voted kibaki in not the MOU. We never knew about it

14. Lucy has a right to demonstrate as a kenyan and that is lawfull, unfortunate for you if find yourself along the path of stone throwing LUOs

15. Diop refused with the money and he needed to leave faster. What was he celebrating?

16. We promised to create jobs and the NIGGERS were "real" investers unlike me. What was their hobby?

17. A snake is always a snake even when not rattled.

18. Iwould also entrust the backbone of my Gava with my loyalists including my brothers and sisters.

19. Moi was hypocritical on tribalism and nothing has changed.

20. We have always celebrated IDD and formalising that is no crime.

21. The rate of hiring uniformed policemen is known and I am also allowed to buy the services just Livondo.

22. You don't need a degree to "earn money". Just some connection

23. Brother against brother wars are fought forever and no amount of external mediation would help. Pokots, karamonjag, etc are not related to Livondo's security detail.

24. Nyachae is a seneoir politician respected by his people and that is no crime. I would still protect my father against external aggression. What would you do?

25. KAZI IENDELEE

80 months ago
Now
sammy  says:
This is politics and the working formula is conventionally defined: KIBAKI TENA

1. Some kenyans will vote for kibaki and others will vote against him in from all over Kenya even kisumu and mwingi

2. Raila campaigned for KIBAKI TO REVEGE AGAINST MOI'S CHOICE
80 months ago
Now
Martin  says:
@Innocent, dont hate the game u do soo well or the players too... Kama ni fwd ni sawa tu! who wants to think and type anyway when Microsoft enables us to copy and paste!
80 months ago
Now
Martin  says:
Its very understandable that i am being reminded to remember the bad stuff as if i said Baks was cadinal Njue, what i remember is better infrastructure even in Kirinyaga road, free pri. education, my shares in NSE and much more, i also remember the pple of Kibera and how much they suffer due to tested untrustworthy leadership of their hummer cruzing MP.
80 months ago
Now
Peter  says:
@innocent
Really convincing and too sad to learn the above
80 months ago
Now
Patrick  says:
,scarcity of resourses is now a reality in kenya,more so political personality resourses,,wonder why the likes of Ngilu are dancing in another house they will bring down very soon?
No wonder she is a ,,what? Kitendawili??
80 months ago
(204 comments on this topic)
Not logged in: Please login if you want to post a reply.