Now

Masinde Muliro University

Philip says:
'a rose by any other name still smells a rose'
shakespear.
is a uni by any other name still a uni?

picture this...

Director: before my remarks to you (the newly recruited officers), i'd like us to formally introduce ourselves and possibly say something about us. lets start from my right...

1st- guy: am Muriuki Gilbert, a graduate of education from Kenyatta University.

(a moment of silence befalls the room as everybody stares in awe!)

2nd- guy: am Mwaniki Sylvester from Egerton University. i studied Econ and Business studies.

(every has that look of OK..... next)

3rd- chic: (with a shy shrill- already intimidated) am Martha Chebet, BA from Maseno.
(hurriedly sits down)

4th- guy: thak you very much bwana director for the opportunity.... am moses wachilonga. i studied business management at Masinde Muliro Uni...
(everybody busts out laughing. the director can't help...)

this is not fiction. does it realy matter guys?

93 months ago
Replies:
Did Sally go to work there. Her silence is defeaning.
88 months ago
Now
Robinson  says:
@sally,

Wasup!
91 months ago
Orie Mikhaili Likhotio
91 months ago
Now
Philip  says:
today's E A Standard;

MMUST advertises for a VC! any suggestions on takers?

i propose Prof Shiundu (ex-Reg)! where's the guy these days?
91 months ago
Registar Sally, has that won him an admission?
91 months ago
Now
Robinson  says:
Brian!
U Won! that a brilliant one from K.
U remind me of a cheering skword dance song'kumanga-manga ni tabia mbaya'' it would roll mpaka sme version of 'nahodha wetu ni Moses Keino''''''anyone familiar with this?
91 months ago
Now
Robinson  says:
SALLY,
Thanks a bunch......U damn greatful that u enjoyed and appreciate.

Okay, thoz love letters...most Memorable was one a chic from a shady skul sent me addressed to 'the Best actor-97 drama fest' Just because she dint know my name and my play role to use as the address.
To top it up....she put some sugar in the envelope to express how sweet I was.
That we made the talk of the week....that was among the funniest.
91 months ago
Now
Michael  says:
I now rest my case. This is clearly God's Case No Appeal.
91 months ago
Heard this about Jomo and Mbiu Koinange during National Athletics competations. After Kip Keino beat all the Kikuyu pretenders in almost all races he participated, Jomo asked Koinange:"Niki Kii Koinange"? Koinange replied: "Ni Kiino Muthee". Translated: Whats happening Koinange? Its Ki V*****na Mzee.
91 months ago
Joe  says:
@Robinson, Hahahaha. I think he said : 'Giti giki!'. That question (So wat did Kenyatta reply? 'Ngui ino!?' or 'Giti giki!?') made me roll on the floor laughing!
@Michael, Beg for a translation. You are a candidate for E-beating!
91 months ago
Now
Robinson  says:
Michael,
I thought you were behaving but NO!
Telling us abt Jm, Kenyatta, and MM again?

So wat did Kenyatta reply? 'Ngui ino!?' or 'Giti giki!?' Please join this Sally highskul story and let us hear about ur Oldskul....

Sally, I was in drama,music,wildlife,cheering sword,BB en blahy,blah,

Wish to share my love letters tories with U but the censored version.

91 months ago
BERN  says:
Michael utakula viboko sasa.Husikii maneno.
91 months ago
Now
Michael  says:
No!
91 months ago
Now
DENIS  says:
@Michael.
we already told you we fully appriciate Mr.Masinde muliro and his achivements.We respectfully ask you to stop jesusifing him.
91 months ago
Now
Michael  says:
"Mwakhasile mwawulile," Masinde Muliro.Kenya National Assembly,1975.Addressed to President Kenyatta after the presenting the JM Kariuki Probe Report.
91 months ago
cccccccccccc  says:
What this bloggers are saying is that MMUST should start a degree in Baluhya language,culture and customs
91 months ago
Yaani, I thought sally is an us babe who cant pronounce a kilunje greetings. Kumbe she can rap it. Sorry I hadnt checked her indumbu.
91 months ago
Now
DENIS  says:
@sally
live this guy(michael) alone.I`m startin` to belive he is castin` a spell through the cyber.Futureristic uganga/uchawi.ha ha
91 months ago
Now
Michael  says:
Ha Ha He He Hi Hi Ho Ho Hu Hu
91 months ago
Now
Michael  says:
Ho Ho Ho Ho!
91 months ago
Dont start celebrating about Michael's laughter yet. Maybe he has acquired the qualifications for admissions to that university Sally talked about.Was it cry like a owl and walk down without casting a shadow?
91 months ago
Now
Robinson  says:
Wa'sup Michael,am glad U laugh...this wat this forum is all about bro,..'Juz 4 Laughs'.cheerz man!

Bwibo: 'Cane Farming!' BRILLIANT! u've made my day!
91 months ago
Now
Michael  says:
Ha Ha Ha Ha!
91 months ago
Now
DENIS  says:
cheerz! Michael is finally lettin loose.thats great.
91 months ago
am glad Michael has laughed. Worried? Who is worried of compe from a pastor? may be its you Bern who should be worried of your rival for Phil. The one he was with last week. Any catfight soon?
91 months ago
BERN  says:
Brayo is green with jealousy
91 months ago
Wow, didnt know Bwibo and sally share a toungue.
91 months ago
Now
Michael  says:
He he he!
91 months ago
Benson  says:
sawasawa
91 months ago
Now
DENIS  says:
It looks like it has already been translated.Benson!
91 months ago
Benson  says:
Can u translate that @sally
91 months ago
Benson  says:
Well i bet at first JKUAT sounded silly.
91 months ago
Now
DENIS  says:
MMU???? SOUNDS LIKE A 1970`S TAGS
91 months ago
Benson  says:
Well whats in a name, people will get use to the name. And one day it will be known by its acronym just like KU i.e MMU
91 months ago
Now
Robinson  says:
@michael,
Don continue pasting this text of yours....its too long and without substance...

Meza Wembe phrases is Oldskul also....U know its not plato ama socrates,, it belongs to an anonymous Mhenga..ambaye alinena zamani za kale.
91 months ago
BERN  says:
heheheheheheeee
92 months ago
Now
DENIS  says:
@sally...what up?
those requirements are genetic for sure.I guess we are out.
92 months ago
Now
Michael  says:
Someone sure got my point.For the avoidance of doubt,this is a recap:
Robinson Mwenda(Robie) you need to be ashamed for your remarks.
Have you heard of Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, Walter Sisulu University. Sokoine University. Abafemi Awolowo University, Ammadu Bello University, Cheikh Anta Diop University.What is their academic sound? And what is the academic sound in Kenyatta University? Did you know that Johnstone Kamau wa Ngengi coined the name Kenyatta when he was already an adult in London?
You fellows who are belittling Masinde Muliro University are so narrow minded that you need not mention to anyone your Kenyan origins.And if you never knew Masinde Muliro,what he stood for and what he meant not just for the Kenyan nation but the Luhya community,go jump in the River Nzoia.
And for all those who are belittling the memory of this great Ingwe yeBuluhya,you must now understand that you let our great nation down by masquarading to be top brains yet you are simply half-baked jokers.
Meza Wembe!
92 months ago
Now
Philip  says:
see guys,

michael gets pissed. its the name!

told u!
92 months ago
Now
Robinson  says:
Michael,
Seems ur in da' OldSkul of Misthought! Having cleared JKUAT in 1985 'When it was just a cole' and I was in a junior Skul,your thoughts must be stale by now....I might be half baked but U were not baked at all....Ur mind is too villaged.Am busy let me tell you wat I think about you and MMUST later
92 months ago
GEN.  says:
We pwana nyangweso unaletako tiampo hapa.Fil furii pora tu usitumeko salamu.
92 months ago
Joe  says:
Okay Okay....Now @Bwibo thinks we are overwhelmed by @Michael. Typikal 'Kuacha Mbachao kwa mswala upitao'. We are indifferent when it comes to posts by evanescent bloggers.And especially when the contents of their stuff is flat and inconsequential. There are many things to sky-rocket you to fame.Mastery of names of Institutions of higher learning named after ancestors is surely not one of them.I have reservations in accepting a self-imposed bloggers' honcho.
Lets be liberal.Let us respect each other's views no matter how crass or craven they appear.
92 months ago
Now
Babu  says:
... Jameni wacheni kuenjoiko chuo chikuu cha Otechi Nyangweso University! Chinacho ongozweko na deputy VC(academic)Lucas Bwibo, B/Ed(pull fighting)...Lol,thats for betraying us for your kins men!
92 months ago
Now
DENIS  says:
@Michael.We have our views,you have your views concerning the topic in question.yours are expressed in anger due to ancestrol conections, if thats your name in your profile.I sincerlly apologise for any disrespect.I hope you and your community,culture find it in your hearts to forgive the rest of us with less weird names.
92 months ago
Bwibo, so you were waiting for an ally to swiftly change sides. Pole for suffering in silence. Who can match us?
92 months ago
Now
Michael  says:
Brian,if the Architects if this website required that I should be confined as you desire,they wouldn't have enabled me to put up this posting.It is a free world,brother .Confine yourself to the factual aspects of what am writing and with a keen mind,read again my posting.
92 months ago
Now
DENIS  says:
that`s very funny.what are the requirements for this college sally?
92 months ago
Mukhobero Wephukhululu University of Nzoia River Diving.
92 months ago
Now
Babu  says:
Another graduate of Livondo University...
92 months ago
Michael, instead of telling a comrade to be ashamed and calling another section half-baked masquaraders, I would rather you stick to posting at your institution's site because apparently, you can't take a banter. What happened to comrades' sense of humour.

It is you I guess who should jump into River Nzoia and remember to put on your swimming costume but don't recycle them. Stop painting your face more indigo than the bereaved.
92 months ago
Now
Michael  says:
Robinson Mwenda(Robie) you need to be ashamed for your remarks.
Have you heard of Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, Walter Sisulu University. Sokoine University. Abafemi Awolowo University, Ammadu Bello University, Cheikh Anta Diop University.What is their academic sound? And what is the academic sound in Kenyatta University? Did you know that Johnstone Kamau wa Ngengi coined the name Kenyatta when he was already an adult in London?
You fellows who are belittling Masinde Muliro University are so narrow minded that you need not mention to anyone your Kenyan origins.And if you never knew Masinde Muliro,what he stood for and what he meant not just for the Kenyan nation but the Luhya community,go jump in the River Nzoia.
And for all those who are belittling the memory of this great Ingwe yeBuluhya,you must now understand that you let our great nation down by masquarading to be top brains yet you are simply half-baked jokers.
92 months ago
Joe  says:
Masinde Muliro University sounds nyce to me...Whats the difference with Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture, Science, Girls deficiency and Technology......Or with the University of Illinois at Urbana Champagne(Can we replace Champagne with Muratina/Chang'aa/Kumi Kumi/Mugacha/Busaa etc.)
92 months ago
Now
Philip  says:
Lynn,

try yelling @ a dog 'mmbwa wewe kabisa!'

the damn mongrel rushes 4 a pat! ni jina lake!

MMMMMMUST!!
92 months ago
Now
LYNN  says:
Doen't really matter. I know of a school in Kisumu called Pand Pieri. A direct translation of the name is "Hide ya buttocks." The school does so well. If Masinde Muliro can be that bad, then I wonder what wd happen if Pand Pireri developed n one time be composed of a primary, secondary n tertiary institution. Kwani wats in a name? Is there a reason why a dog is referred to as so? It might as well pass for the name spoon, ama!
92 months ago
Now
Philip  says:
Robinson,

told u!

i MMMMMMMMMMMUST see the place & watch pull (oops! thats ma comp not me!) fighting!

teh! he! he! he! he! he! he! he! he!
92 months ago
Now
Robinson  says:
Guyz this Masinde Muliro thing has amazed me today! I visited the campus...was given their 07 calendar....they have really modified the initials to some nyc stuff...MMUST...as in vile tunasema KU..Lower...Main en stuff like that.But then the last leaf of the calendar::::one of the campus sport is BULL FIGHTING! this juz amazing!
92 months ago
GEN.  says:
which reminds me of the same guy who once said"once you have decided to be stupit must you be toldi that you are stupiti".I entered it into my famous list of quotes-Bufwoli wakholi Ghandi.
92 months ago
Now
Philip  says:
the other day a buddy of mine called it The Wakoli Bifwoli University!

whats this thing with us n names? like 'Bwibo' (te! he! he ! he! he! he! he!)
92 months ago
Now
Robinson  says:
Hey Comrades Power!

Have just surfed around and found that this name Masinde was approved by the 41grads of Western college of Sci. and Tech....coz most of them are still undergradutes.....Please Comrades if U wonna prove that U real intellects;;;Hold a demo against this Masinde name;;;;make sure U contact UON and KU comrades for logistics....and waste No time on this;;;We go!x2 We Go!x2 We Go!x2
93 months ago
Now
Robinson  says:
Masinde Muliro....???????????

This name doesnt sound ACADEMIC!

Infact the name sounds like King'ong'o,Kamiti,...it could help de-congest prisons;;;Why dont they convert it to an inmates parlour and name it Masinde Muliro Prison.
Ama they just get an academic name Like Western University of Kenya;;;;Philip aint my suggestion superb?

By the way do I share the web with Masinde Muliro Leaners?
93 months ago
Eunice  says:
I root for Masinde Muliro University! I suggest a green tree for the logo.
But wait, I wouldn't trade Kenyatta University for it on an international scene, even though it should smell as sweet.
93 months ago
Now
DENIS  says:
robert u kill a bro.ha ha ha.
this is denis newton einstien ochieng.still faithfull to jang`o roots.
93 months ago
GEN.  says:
Or Kaprendhaa mwana wa inyororo university for that matter.Is this the reason why the VP post is reserved for you guys.
93 months ago
Now
DENIS  says:
WHY NOT GO ALL THE WAY AND START A UNI.CALLED ISAACA KHANYULA KHATETE UNIVERSITY.
93 months ago
Now
Babu  says:
Whats in a name?
theres a group of undergraduates from different unis who went to US. they were 'ordered' to introduce themselves as students from UON coz everyone knew Nairobi from watching CNN. Harvard,Yale,Princeton dont give a damn ati BA from Maseno ati Muliro...
93 months ago
Now
pancras  says:
Muliro University, could have been better- lakini a whole Masinde..................its ugly
93 months ago
(66 comments on this topic)
Not logged in: Please login if you want to post a reply.